To images, text documents and other files were accessible from any gadget, you can use an external drive or put everything in the cloud. It’s safer to keep information on the web storage: if the OS crashed, the hard drive broke, or the user simply bought a new laptop, it doesn’t matter: everything will remain in this data storage service. But there are a lot of clouds on the web, and choosing the most suitable one is hard. To the rescue – a selection of 10 reliable and convenient services with the ability to store data for free.
The cloud is available to users of almost all popular operating systems. Inexpensive service to store a variety of files entered the rating not only due to its versatility: it has other positive qualities.
- It is installed not only on Windows , but also on all other systems.
- Protects information with 256-bit AES and SSL encryption. In addition, access links are password-protected, they also have time limits.
- Excellent synchronization: judging by the reviews, it does not lag, so you can access the data in the cloud service from any gadget.
- Integration with 365 office from Microsoft.
- No limit on data recovery and log.
|Is free||2 GB|
|9.99 USD per month||1 TB|
|19,99 USD per month||2 TB|
|12.50 USD per month per user (starting from 3 users)||3 TB|
|20 USD per month per user (starting from 3 users)||unlimited space|
A convenient option for storing all sorts of files that can be shared with other users. Google Disk is one of the most secure and convenient services.
What is good:
- Suitable for storing text and audio files, photos, pictures, video. Supports 30 types of different formats.
- In the paid version you can store heavy data: the weight of 1 file is a maximum of 5 TB.
- Not tied to a specific OS .
- 3 access levels: for viewing, commenting, editing. Opens to both individuals and the link.
|Is free||15 GB|
|45 UAH per month (or 459 UAH per year)||100 GB|
|229 UAH per month (or 2299 UAH per year)||1 TB|
|459 UAH per month||2 TB|
|2299 UAH per month||10 TB|
|4599 UAH per month||20 TB|
|6899 UAH per month||30 TB|
Virtual storage and file sharing, launched back in 2007, is suitable for those who use Microsoft services. Low cost is not the only plus cloud.
Overview of the main features:
- Built into Office 365. Thanks to this, Live OneDrive can create, edit, save files like Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint and Word.
- Just use and sort the data: files are decomposed into folders.
- The function of previewing images in the form of thumbnails or slide shows.
Minus : at first they gave 15 GB for free, now – 5 GB.
Price per month
|1.99 USD||50 GB|
|6.99 USD||Personal version with 1 TB of space|
|9.99 USD||Home version for each user – 1 TB (maximum 5 users)|
The Apple Internet information safe is installed on all Apple gadgets: you just need to create an account. You can use the storage and on your PC.
- 128-bit AES and SSL encryption are responsible for the security of information stored in the cloud.
- Simple synchronization and user-friendly interface. The service is integrated into the Finder application on macOS. Created using Iwork documents are also stored in the cloud.
- There is also an official client for Windows: it’s convenient if you have to use different devices.
|Is free||5 GB|
|0.99 USD per month||50 GB|
|2.99 USD per month||200 GB|
|9.99 USD per month||2 TB|
Learn: How to pay with a smartphone: 3 payment systems
A promising cloud file hosting service from Kim Dotcom, a company known to the world by the brainchild of Megaupload. They respond well to the service not only due to the generosity of the creators (more on this later), but also due to other nice features.
Why hit the rating:
- The interface with support for Drag & Drop – the ability to drag files with the mouse, support for the Russian language – provides ease of use.
- Universality – the application is available for all popular operating systems, including mobile .
- Security – AES algorithm directly in the browser encrypts all content. Access to files cannot be obtained without the consent of the owner.
|Is free||50 GB|
|4,99 EUR per month||Lite – 200 GB|
|9.99 EUR per month||Pro 1 – 1 TB|
|19,99 EUR per month||Pro 2 – 4 TB|
|29,99 EUR per month||Pro 3 – 8 TB|
The cloud service created by the Swiss company is already popular at the expense of the country of origin: it is known for its reverent attitude to confidentiality. However, not only for this repository got into the top 10.
- There are no restrictions on file size within the available space.
- 2-level protection: through the TLS / SSL protocol information goes to the servers and is copied to at least 3 of them. In this case, the location in the data center is different for each server.
- Subscribing to pCloud Crypto (about $ 4 per month) guarantees maximum protection on the client side, while the interface is even simpler and more convenient.
Disadvantage : file download speed is limited.
Cost / month
|Premium – 3.99 USD||500|
|Premium Plus – 7.99 USD||2000|
Service to store online backup, which is famous for its high level of privacy. Of course, the cloud has other nice options.
- With one account, you can create a backup on computers with Windows and Mac, gadgets for Android and iOS.
- Security — Data is protected by 256-bit AES encryption. Access is opened with a key that only the user has and is not stored on servers.
- Deleted data from the device remains in the cloud – to save space on a flash drive or to recover deleted information.
- You can share information via e-mail, via Facebook or Twitter.
- IDrive Express: when data is lost, a drive is provided for quick recovery.
|How much is||Volume|
|Standard||Unlimited free||5 GB|
|iDrive Personal||USD 52.12 per year||1 TB|
|USD 374.62 per year||10 TB|
|iDrive Team||USD 74.62 per year||1 TB|
|USD 149.62 per year||2 TB|
|USD 749.62 per year||10 TB|
|iDrive Business||USD 74.62 per year||250 GB|
|USD 149.62 per year||500 GB|
|USD 374.62 per year||1.25 TB|
According to the developers, the data that is stored in this cloud will not be able to get even the most resourceful attacker.
- An access key is created when authorization occurs. The password to the client on the desktop is known only to the user: the key is not transferred anywhere.
- There is a web version, but for those for whom 100% anonymity is extremely important – this is a less attractive option: you will have to share a password with service employees.
- Interaction with all popular platforms, including laptops , system managers and mobile gadgets.
Price / time
|USD 39 / year||5 GB|
|USD 49 / year||10 GB|
|USD 5 / month or USD 59 / year||150 GB|
|USD 9 / month or USD 99 / year||400 GB|
|USD 12 / month or USD 129 / year||2 TB|
|USD 25 / month or USD 279 / year||5 TB|
Useful: What to do if the tablet does not turn on – 2 possible problems and 3 ways to solve them
Service for storing and sharing video, photos, as well as text and audio files. A great option that will provide security and save space on the hard drive . In addition, he likes the fact that it allows you to quickly and easily create backup copies, share them with colleagues and friends. Even pop-up ads in the free version is not annoying.
How much is
|Scope and features|
|Is free||10 GB;|
|there is an advertisement|
|USD 3.75 per month||Pro version – 1 TB;|
|file size limit – 20 GB|
|USD 40 per month||Business version – over 100 TB of space;|
|file size limit – 20 GB;|
Cloud storage has a low cost, user-friendly interface with support for the Russian language. The rating fell due to good data protection, and more – cool synchronization.
- Compatible with any devices.
- The cloud has solid support: it’s easy to interact with both Google Docs and Office 365.
- When using the desktop client, the function is available not only synchronization, but also editing.
|10 GB||Is free|
|100 GB||9 EUR per month|
|100 GB||4.50 EUR per month per user (3-10 users)|
|Unlimited storage||13.50 EUR per month per user (from 3 users)|
See also: What is a graphics tablet: 3 types of device + tips on choosing
Each data storage service on this list reliably protects information and is convenient to use. Which option to choose depends on the required volume and personal wishes. For example, if you need as much space as possible, you can stop at Mega: in comparison with the rest of cloud storages, it gives a record volume without donation and other purchases. Need maximum focus on encryption? PCloud will do, and if you want to implement as many applications as possible, then this is an option from Google. It is also important to note that the versions you need to buy are usually better protected.