Personalizing your desktop computer is simple and also enjoyable to do. You could transform whatever from the audios that your computer system makes, to the screensaver that turns up throughout lack of exercise. However that’s not all that you could tailor. Whatever from the shades of your home windows to the typeface that shows a program name could additionally be transformed. Your toolbar and also symbols could also be arranged and also individualized to your taste. It could absolutely do marvels for your computer system experience.
Prior to you proceed personalizing your desktop computer, ensure that you backup any type of data that you are most likely to alter, simply in case it does not exercise as well as you desire your old noise(s), wallpaper, symbol, as well as whatever else you choose to transform.
Customizing your desktop theme will liven up your computer, and provide a unique experience every time you use it. It just all depends on how much time and effort they put into making the desktop theme. I have seen some themes so detailed that everything from the icons, to the text are perfectly designed to match the theme. To begin customizing your desktop computer’s theme, read below.
1. First, right click on your desktop, and click properties.
2. You should now be under the Themes tab.
3. Now you can choose what Theme you want to use. If you have never added any themes before, then the default Themes should be the only ones there. If you search on the web for “free desktop themes” then you can find more for free. If you really want to get fancy, you should purchase Microsoft Plus! , which has a ton of themes specially made for Windows.
Customizing your desktop’s wallpaper is pretty important. Your wallpaper is the color or picture that is currently showing on your desktop right now. Certain operating systems even allow live web content to show up on your desktop, so you can have streaming news, entertainment and whatever else you want. There are tons of free wallpaper’s available on the Internet, or you make your own using digital camera photos of your friends and family members. Learn how to change your wallpaper below.
1. First, close all programs and windows that you have open before you begin customizing your desktop wallpaper.
2. Then right-click on your desktop.
3. Select properties from the bottom of the pop-up menu. Then this will bring up the “Display Properties” window.
4. Click on the “Desktop” tab
5. Then you can choose a background already available on the list, or you can click the “Browse” button and choose an image that you have made or imported from a digital camera.
6. Now, click the position drop down menu, and choose the appropriate setting. Stretch is the best option since it will fit the image to the size of your screen.
7. Then you can click “Ok” if all is well.
When you install programs, they choose where they go in your start menu. If you are like me, you want your start menu organized and in separate categories so your programs will be easy to find. Well, to do this all you have to do is right-click on your toolbar and click on “Properties”. The properties menu will allow you to do whatever you want with your toolbar, and organize it how you like.
Your programs also have toolbars which can be customized, so you will have instant access to your most important options. When you open the program, select the “View” or “Tools” option from the programs toolbar, and look for something that says customize, options, or anything else along those line. It should be easy to figure it out from there on. Some programs are so easy to customize that you just have to drag and drop the options to the position and menu you want.
Whenever you click on something, delete something, refresh your desktop, or whatever with your mouse and keyboard, it can/will make a sound. Like I said before, every event possible can have any sound clip play when done. Keeping your original sounds like a clicking noise, beeps, and so on is kind of dumb since you really have an unlimited choice. Also, if your computer needs to accommodate the blind, when an error message comes up you can have a voice that says “Error Message” or something like that. So here is how you can begin customizing your desktop’s sounds to what YOU want.
1. Go to your Control Panel in the toolbar.
2. Once you are in the control panel, click on “Sounds and Audio devices”.
3. Now click the “Sounds” tab in the window that pops up.
4. You will see sound entries like exclamation, default beep, asterisk, start windows, exit windows and other events that can happen on your computer.
5. Here is the fun part now. Using your sound recorder or browsing the web you can create or find sound files that you want to use. If you have some computer sound recording experience, you should know how to create your own sound files. The sound recorder can usually be found in your start menu, under the “Entertainment” section.
6. With your new sounds that you have created or found, you can return to the Sound and Audio device properties window.
7. Select a sound you would like to change from the list.
8. Click the Browse button, and find the sound file that you want to use for the corresponding event you have chosen.
9. Then just click “Ok” and continue changing the other sounds you want too. You are now done customizing your desktop computer’s sounds.
Customizing your desktop computer’s display properties can change the look and feel of all your computer programs and desktop. Plus, customizing your desktop computer’s display properties is just as easy as changing your wallpaper.
1. Right click on your desktop, and click “Properties”.
2. From here, you can change your Theme, Desktop, Screensaver, Appearance, and graphic settings. A theme is the overall look and feel of your computer and its programs. The desktop is the image or color that is displaying on your desktop. Your screensaver can be changed and be configured to come on when you want it to. The Appearance tab allows you to change the color and size of folder/program windows, and the font that displays there title.
3. The Settings tab is the most important in my opinion. You can change your screens resolution, color quality, and all of the options related to your graphics card. Setting the appropriate resolution is very important, and can determine how clear you see your PC’s text and graphics.
Another way of customizing your desktop is by changing your folder options. Your folder options range from the way that your videos and pictures appear, to whether or not hidden files or shown. It is very easy to do, so anyone can.
1. Open you’re My documents folder, or any other folder that you want too.
2. Now click on tools.
3. Then go down and click on “Folder Options”.
4. In the “Folder Options” box, you will see it is separated into tabs and is easy to navigate through. Change the options that you want too.
When your computer starts, you might want programs to open and start running right away. This can be good for email programs, anti-virus scanners, sound applications and so forth. So how do you do it? If you click the start button, then go to programs, you will see a folder labeled “Startup”. All you have to do is place the programs shortcut in that folder, and it will be started whenever your computer does. Customizing your desktop computer’s startup programs will help you get things done faster.
The main parts that compose desktop computers are the display – either LCD or CRT, the motherboard, CPU or microprocessor, memory or RAM, development cards, power supply, optical disk drives or ODD, disk drive or HDD, a keyboard, and also mouse. Various other elements include the follower, CPU cooler, graphics card, sound speakers, sound cards, modem, drooping disk drive, as well as network card.
Computer are computer systems created as well as created usage on a desk at your home or office, as well as are plainly distinct from mobile computers such as laptop note pads as well as PDAs. Additionally known as microcomputers, desktop computers come in four kinds – personal computer or desktop computers, work terminals, web servers, as well as communications computer systems.
Desktop Computers are the most budget friendly computers in the marketplace and then are ever before present in households, institutions, and also business offices. These computer systems are normally utilized for tasks such as organizing images, editing videos, workplace work, and then surfing the Web. Coming in various situation designs such as towers or smaller kind aspects, all computer are developed modularly, permitting the replacement or upgrade of parts and also elements.
This kind of computer system is very common on the market, you could purchase a prefabricated computer system or you could acquire one using specifications you created. If you want to acquire a home computer system, you will need to do a bunch of research to make a notified decision. Right here are a couple of products you can consider when acquiring desktop:
Processors or CPUs – when considering processors, you will certainly have to think about two things: the CPU’s brand and its speed.
Hard Drive – consider the capability as well as speed of the hard disk. A hard disk ability of 80GB need to be the minimum. When it comes to hard drive performance, getting a 7200 rpm drive will certainly be the most effective choice. You should likewise seek drives when it comes to 8MB or 16MB cache.
Optical drives – DVD/CD heating elements as well as visitors have currently end up being a standard part of all desktop computer bodies. Obtaining a multiformat DVD writer that supplies support for +R/RW as well as -R/RW formats is suggested. Recordable speed must be at 16x.
Memory or RAM – it is essential to get the optimal RAM available to enable your body to perform at its optimum capability. The minimum quantity of memory readily available is 512MB; 1GB gives better efficiency. When buying memory, decide to buy as few DIMMs as feasible – in this manner, you could update your memory whenever required.
Outside Connectors and then Ports – upgrades and computer system peripherals are connected via ports and then other outside user interfaces. Equipments when it comes to about 6 USB2.0 as well as one IEEE1394 must be a good buy.
Displays – you could select between CRT and then LCD monitors. CRT monitors are reasonably less expensive than LCD displays. LCDs do not use up as much area as CRTs but they have limited abilities. In addition to the type of monitor, you need to likewise take into consideration the dimension and then resolution. A 17″ screen when it comes to a display screen resolution of 1280×1024 pixels is advised.
Video clip Card – brand-new video cards appear every six months approximately, so selecting the right one might be difficult. A card that sustains DirectX 9 when it comes to a minimum of 128MB for memory can provide you future ability.
Do you recognize what running system is appropriate for you? When you’re used to Windows 7, Windows 8 could toss you for a loop. It is very important that you get a computer which comes with your recommended operating system, and then one that you recognize with making use of.
There are some premium desktops that have a number of video clip cards. These are utilized in pairs as well as are referred to as Crossfire or SLI, depending upon the kind of cards they are. These cards are terrific for video gaming devices, but also for the regular customer it possibly isn’t required to get more than one video card.
The standard utilized to be that when you bought a computer system, you also acquired the display and printer as component of a package. Do refrain it by doing this. Computer screens are beginning to be phased out because actual flat-screen Televisions can function equally as well. Also, keep in mind that your existing keyboard and also mouse, if you have them, will deal with a new computer system.
You must log in to post a comment.