Toilet training is the ability of people to manage the output and retention of feces and urine. It is a process that usually develops in the early years of life. However, each culture is carried out in different ways, as it involves several aspects to family and individual level of each child. Dr. Leyla Arroyo gives us some tips for our children to obtain Potty harmoniously as possible:
1. There is no consensus to tell us the exact age at which children should control their sphincters. We must understand that every child is different and will perform this process when ready. They give us warnings, so we must be patient and wait for the signs.
February. Children need to achieve certain neurological and motor maturity to control their sphincters. Ie should feel uncomfortable when wet and be able to express it. It is also important to achieve placed in the proper position for bowel movements and have the ability to get on and off her shorts. Before that happens we can not expect small control their sphincters.
Three. In some countries the training starts at 18 months, others suggested it after 24. However, I recommend that is between 21 and 36 months because at that age children have all the above skills.
April. It is very common for girls to achieve first go to bathroom alone. Take into account when you have more than one child.
May. Because you can give them a little afraid to use the bathroom normally, it is favorable to use one of your own size, with illustrations of their favorite characters or bright colors. You can also encourage them to your liking underpants. I suggest the use of which is made with absorbent material, because if an accident occurs it will be easier to clean.
6. Although there are kindergartens, preschools or daycares that have specialized techniques for children to go to the bathroom, we must remind you that not only at school must notify, but also at home.
7. Wake is not recommended at night. I suggest that we pay attention to the times of day you make and take bath at the time. It is usually after eating to poop and every two hours to pee. This frequency should drag out every couple of weeks.
8 is not recommended. Give great praise or rewards when children achieve urinating or defecating in the bathroom. We think that toilet training is a natural event such as walking or eating. Children need to understand this so that when they fail they do not feel rejected by their parents.
9. If an accident occurs is important not to regañemos, the child should feel in a trusting environment in which you will remember that you did nothing wrong and the next time will be better. Nor should we compare with other children, including siblings. This will bring only negative effects.
10. Be patient and do not despair. Remember that all children achieve healthy control their sphincters and is sure to be before age 5. If this does not happen, then it is important that you go to a specialist to rule out the possibility of enuresis or presences, physical disorders that impede potty training. Keep in mind that anxiety can also be an important factor.
If you want to know more about potty training visit the website of the: Free 3 Days Potty Training