Know about vaginal yeast infections
Every woman has a certain amount of yeast cells in her vagina. When these yeast cells grow to a higher than normal speed, the woman suffers from a vaginal yeast infection. These infections are usually not very serious and very easily treatable. They are also very common in many women and should not be something to worry if you find yourself with one.
The vagina has many bacteria and a significant number of yeast cells in order to be considered healthy or normal. Lactobacillus acidophilus is the most common bacteria in the vagina. These bacteria helps to keep all other bacteria at a normal level. If something happens to change the balance of bacteria yeast tends to grow more than it has causes yeast infection. Simple things like taking an antibiotic for another illness can cause an imbalance in bacteria and lead to yeast infection.
Vaginal yeast infection can also occur during pregnancy due to the large number of progesterone hormone in women. It can also be caused by injuries to the internal part of the vagina, caused by treatments like chemotherapy. Women, whose immunity is lower than usual are at a higher risk of getting yeast infections than those who have normal immunity. Other conditions associated with these infections are diabetes mellitus oral contraceptives and the use of scented vaginal sprays.
The bacteria that cause this infection are called Candida albicans. It is not a sexually transmitted disease, although men may experience skin irritation around the penis when they have sex with infected woman. Vaginal yeast infection is causing your itching sensation in the vagina or the sensation that their vagina is swollen or painful. It can also cause pain during urination and during sex. It may be accompanied or not accompanied by a raw yellow discharge with odor. Most women experience these symptoms about a week before the menstrual cycle. Itching and smell can become very uncomfortable for many people.
Vaginal yeast infection is diagnosed when the doctor takes some samples from the infected area and takes it to the laboratory where the test is done or a culture of yeast and bacteria identified under the microscope. With the help of a microscope is the most commonly used and less expensive of the two. It should be noted that the symptoms are not specific and can be caused by another problem and not yeast infection. You should consult a doctor for testing before taking any medications.
Vaginal yeast infection is treated with application of antifungal medications or creams around the vagina and vagina. Tablet medication to be taken by mouth is also available and can be prescribed. It is sometimes necessary for patients to combine treatment is used when the infection has more than one microbe involved resulting in mixed infections.
Kills the yeast infection forever!
Some women prefer to use over the counter prescription. If these recipes don’t work women should consult a doctor as the problem may be something more serious like chlamydia, gonorrhea or bacterial vaginosis. If the infection occurs four times a year or more the patient should also consult the doctor for further testing.
Yeast infection or candidiasis is usually caused by the fungus Candida Albicans. Infection mainly occurs on the skin, mouth, genitals, throat and blood. Despite the fact that the infection poses no threat to life, but makes the patient uncomfortable with its consequences. The main symptom varies and depends on what part of the body infected by yeast.
Most noticeable yeast infection occurs in women in the vaginal region. Symptoms include itching and a burning sensation in the area, thick creamy discharge, pain during intercourse, burning during urination, and swelling of the region.
There are several home treatment yeast infection that can ward off infection. These:
- Tea tree oil diluted with water, should be applied to the area using a lubricated swab.
- Apple cider Vinegar – Vinegar has a tendency to maintain the normal acidity of the vagina. Its antifungal and antibacterial properties makes it a unique home treatment for yeast infection. Mixing Apple cider vinegar with water and rinsing the infected area for a few days will help to fight infection.
- Garlic – garlic has been found useful in the treatment of infections due to its antifungal properties. Garlic clove can be inserted into the vagina or can be applied on the affected area several times a day. Make sure you do not use the garlic raw or broken skin. Including garlic in your diet will also help to some extent.
- The tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is widely known for its properties in healing yeast infection. Its anti-fungal nature makes it a great shower for VAG-yogurt. Yogurt can fight the fungus that causes the infection. It can be applied directly to the infected vagina using a tampon twice a day for best results. Inclusion of yogurt in your daily diet will also help to keep the fungus for a longer time.
- Rosemary leaves – readily available, rosemary leaves boiled in water can be a comforting cold shower, to calm region.
- Cranberries – Cranberries are acidic in nature and can cure the disease later consumption. It is also known to prevent urinary tract infection and can be consumed in juice form.
- Keeping the infected area of chemical infection generally grows in moist and warm areas so it is very important to see what you are wearing. Switching to loose clothing and cotton underwear will surely help a lot. Always keep the infected areas dry using super absorbent tissues.
- Lemon juice – Lemon juice helps to restore the normal pH of the skin and thus help fight the growth of yeast infection. A few drops of lemon in the bath water can make you feel fresh. Also consuming drinking lemon juice will provide relief.
- Boric acid – boric acid is recommended in chronic infections home treatment yeast infections. But medical advice should be taken before using it. Avoid using if you are pregnant. Boric acid was an inexpensive and effective cure of infections.
- Basil – Basil can be effective in the treatment of yeast infection in the mouth. Rinse with Basil tea will be useful.
In addition, the use of more than the counter anti fungal creams can also be used to treat yeast infections. Maintaining good hygiene will help in preventing and spreading infections. Avoid using harsh Soaps and deodorants in sensitive areas. If the conditions become chronic, medical advice should be taken for treatment.